2009 m. gegužės 14 d., ketvirtadienis

Self assessment on learning ESP.

The goal of this article is to access my achievements in learning ESP. This semester went by really quickly. I still can not believe that it has almost come to an end. So what have I achieved so far.
Writing a summary. I have written some summaries this semester. I believe I did this assignment pretty well. Of course I do admit that some mistakes were made but no one is perfect.
Writing vocabulary tests. I did write a couple of these tests and my performance improved quite a lot compared to the first semester’s tests. Although I admit that they are harder.
Performance in class dictations. I did not get the chance to write this dictation. But i=I believe this task could not have been too hard for me as I do not tend to do any spelling mistakes.
Listening practice in class. Listening tasks were always my favorite ones. It is easy for me as I have had a lot of practice in listening to native English and American languages. I have no problems with this assignment.
Listening to peers’ power point presentations. It is always fun and relaxing to look at some colorful and interesting presentations made by group mates. On the other hand, all the information that is presented is not new for us so sometimes it might get a little bit boring.
Making power point presentations. I have not made a presentation myself yet so I can not say anything about it. Not really the most interesting part of ESP class.
Short talks on ESP themes in class. Those talks sometimes put me in an awkward position as I often do not agree with my group mate’s opinion. I do not want start arguing with them so I just have to keep to myself. I am comfortable with speaking in English on any subject as I do not find it difficult too.
To sum things up, I should mention that I was not participating in a lot of classes but that is not because they are uninteresting or boring. English is a must in the 21st century and ESP classes are really useful. It is a pity that I have missed and have not learned so much.

Komentarų nėra: